Chat Behavior Guidelines
Before you jump into GameShed's chat rooms, please take a moment to read through our guidelines for expected behavior.
Note: this is not a complete list of rules, just a good list of suggestions for how to best keep out of trouble.
Failure to comply with these simple rules can result in you being banned from the chats for up to 24 hours and in some cases server banned!
- The age to use our free site is 13 year old and over.
- Pick your username and status message wisely. Offensive usernames or status messages will be removed, and in some cases the accounts will be banned
- Impersonating GameShed Staff or claiming to have special influence with members of the GameShed Staff will get you banned.
- Don't feed the trolls. If someone is acting in an inappropriate manner, please leave the situation up to the moderators online. Please do not "fight back" or get drawn into an argument with them. If you do you risk giving that person the satisfaction of trolling your pants off, and you also risk getting yourself in trouble.
- Graphic or illegal content is not allowed anywhere in this site. You will be banned.
- This is not an adult content chat site. Explicit chat is not allowed anywhere in the public chat nor in the private chats.
- DO NOT ask for passwords or attempt to gain access to other peoples accounts in any way (such as asking people to change their email address to your email address).
- Do NOT flood the chat rooms in any way. This includes text, smileys, and sharing images in main chat screen
- Do NOT post links to other chat sites.
- Do NOT post your contact information such as email or messenger ID's, cell phones or home phone numbers, school name, home address, etc. in the public screen. This is for your protection and privacy.
- Do NOT try to hack or exploit the chat rooms. We will permanently ban you and report you to your ISP and or local law enforcement agency if you do.
How Can You Report Someone?
We want everyone who visits our site to enjoy the time they spend here. If someone is harassing you or threatening you in any way, you can report the user to a chat administrator or a chat moderator. Chat staff have a bold red color and appear at the bottom of the user list in the main chat room. Send them a private message and tell them what is happening. They will be able to kick the users who disturb the flow of the chat.
I Have Been Banned, What Should I Do?
In most cases you should just wait for your ban to be lifted by an administrator. This can take up to 24 hours.